Monday, March 27, 2006

I was working at the Sheep today and had a horrific realization. I happened to glance at my reflection in the mirror - much better light than at my house - and I realized that My Eyebrows Are Out of Control. I thought I took care of them Saturday morning in preparation for a social event that night. I was wrong.

I'm going back to sitting in my driveway and plucking them using the vanity mirror. It's the only way I'm not going to have big, black Brezhnev's escaping my notice.

Speaking of big and black, Antoinette is growing. I'm on Sleeve Island, to be followed by Collar Island. [Go look at a black sweater in your closet and you'll see more detail than my camera is capable of revealing on a pile of black sweater.]

I'm enjoying this knit immensely. The pattern is my perfect combination of interesting details and relaxing stockinette. It will be interesting to see how heavy the Debbie Bliss Cotton Silk Aran is and whether the Rowan Cotton Rope would have been lighter. I can see making this one again in a color. It's very trendy but in a way that will last a few years. Good old Rowan. I love their patterns.