Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring Cleaning

Flashing my stash has led to organizing my stash. Scary stuff.

I threw away yarn.

Don't look at me that way, it's nothing you wanted. And I was numbing the pain with a nice margarita. I tossed a large bag of little wads of this and that, accumulated over
the last 10 years. I found one bag of yarn from 15 years ago that had mated and melded and merged into pretty much one big giant knot. It was downright ugly.

The rest of the yarn has been separated into a few different piles. The sock yarn is in a small box in the linen closet. The wools are in my cedar chest. The cottons remain in their plastic tub. The felting projects are in a small plastic bin.

That leaves a large box to sell and a large box to donate to the women's prison knitting program.

And then there is the Cross Coat. I have a back and one of the fronts complete. The rest has been untouched for 15 years or so.

What am I going to do with it?

Everybody into the Whirlpool!