Thursday, June 22, 2006

Here's to cashmere

What to my wondering eyes should appear in the mail today?

A package from my fabulous One Skein pal. A skein of cashmere yarn, some nice smelling candles and fun M&Ms chocolate Lip Smackers, which totally cracked me up because when I was a kid I always had my Bonne Bell Lip Smackers.

My fave was the Dr. Pepper one. Inevitably, the dog would find my smelly lip glosses and hide under my bed to eat them, growling at me if I tried to intervene. What fun!


Salves the sting of my idiocy with the gas door yesterday...

I haven't been knitting much because I've been otherwise occupied. With my birthday present of an iPod.

I've ripped about half of my CDs at this point. I've discovered that I have a heckuvalotof CDs.


We have been in the process of planning a nice family vacation to Taos for the Wool Festival, Santa Fe, and the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. Come to realize that at some point during that time, my husband may be in Japan for a conference. (No, I don't get to go this time.) Ixnay on the anplay.

My husband overestimated the level of my disappointment and decided to make it up to me by booking the family a lovely vacation to La Cantera outside of San Antonio a bit later this summer. It'll be hotter than hell in July, but it's going to be even hotter here so what the hell. (Pun intended.) I'm a lucky woman!

We'll probably stop in Austin on the way back. Of course, it'll be the week before Stephanie Pearl-McPhee will be at Hill Country Weavers. The last time we went to Austin, it was the week before the Habu show. Do I have timing or what? Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll make a quick stop in Dallas. I'll be relaxed enough after a few massages that I won't care much ;>