Thursday, June 01, 2006

Oh yeah, that knitting thing

Still doing it.

A pair of Jaywalkers knit in STR Rock Star. I'm to the gusset on the second sock.

The bottom sock is the first in a pair of Oak Ribbed Socks from Nancy Bush's amazingly good Knitting Vintage Socks.
I'm using some Regia 4-ply in Party.


I like Knitting on the Road but I love Vintage Socks. Sometimes, it's hard to match a variegated yarn to a pattern and really make the most of both. The ribbed socks in this book are great for variegated yarns. They give the yarns just enough oomph (and offer a more interesting knit).

The Oak Ribbed Sock uses a French Heel and a Round Toe. The French Heel is supposed to fit a high arch well. I have extremely high arches and, upon reading the heel pattern, I had my doubts. But, I should have trusted Nancy Bush. This is a great fitting sock. Although the ribbing helps a great deal. I can see more ribbed socks from this book in my future.


This is the beginning of my first Amazing Lace project. Yes, I said first.

This is the Diamond Fantasy Scarf. I'm using Socks That Rock medium weight in Ruby Slippers.



The wonderful Cara sent me this yarn and it's just fabulous. Nice and squishy and gorgeous colors. Forget Socks That Rock - it's now also Shawls that Rock!


I'm probably going to knit a Diamond Fantasy Shawl in the Kidlin Pixie I was dithering about a few weeks ago. My main problem with the Pixie is that I only have 750 yards and many of the patterns I was considering required prayers and pattern alterations, which is more work than I want for the summer. The shawl version of DFS should come out perfectly without pattern alterations. Yes, this will give me two red DFS versions, but one is variegated superwash merino and the other solid linen and mohair "laceweight" (Louet says laceweight, but I think it's more like "not quite fingering"). And I love red. So, enough variation for me.