Friday, June 02, 2006

The other half

As I've mentioned before, I'm on the board of a local charity. Every summer, we have a board retreat. This weekend, I'm going about an hour away to Corsicana to the lakehouse of some people who have more money than God. These people are seriously wealthy. They don't just have university buildings named after them; no, they have a *school* within the university named after them.

I was informed that, "we can sleep 16 in beds and then we'll have to pull out the air mattresses." I asked if I needed to bring a sleeping bag and she laughed and said they had everything we needed. Apparently, the "lakehouse" is about 10,000 square feet (yes, you read that right, ten thousand square feet). I don't know if that's right, but Holy Cow - even if it's close that's like 5 of my house.

It's going to be an interesting weekend. Unfortunately, none of them knit.