Monday, November 12, 2007

Yesterday, we drove out to the Heard Natural Science Museum to see the animatronic dinosaur exhibit. We had lots of fun seeing fossils and tons of lovely poisonous snakes (behind glass) native to our area. And lots of spiders and other beasties.

On the ride home, I saw something on Dr. Pig's collar and went to brush if off and then saw it was a big ass spider. This thing was the size of a dime and had red spots on its butt. Fortunately, I had an empty plastic water bottle in the car so I managed to imprison the spider. I figured out pretty quickly that it wasn't a black widow, but I was hardly going to try and smash the darn thing n Dr.'s shoulder when I wasn't sure what it was!

As near as I can figure, it's just a black house spider, but even those can mess you up a bit. A bite can leave you with an icky oozing sore and a killer headache, so I'm glad nobody was bit. Can't you just imagine us driving 65MPH on the highway with an attack spider? Thriller.